Russian Molnija pocket watch, 18j, 3602 movement, 1970's, slim design
- Made in the 1970's
- Serial number: 398451, movement type: 3602, stem set & wound
- 18 Jewels (18 камней)
- Solid brass case, chrome plated
- Weight: 64g
- Diameter without stem: 45mm, 11.5mm thick
- symbol of
the chelyabinsk watch factory on the main bridge.
- The Russian word Молния (Molnija) in the middle of the dial is the brand name and it means "lightning".
- The words сделано в ссср at the bottom of the dial mean "Made in USSR".
Most early Molnija watches from the 1960's and 1970's are today in rather bad
condtion. This watch is a beautiful exception. It is in outstanding condition.
These vintage watches are carefully restored and the movements are adjusted to a level that
exceeds the original manufacturer's specification. They do really keep time and they will work
reliably for many years to come. All our watches are vintage masterpieces that are individually
restored and tested.
The watch comes in its original plastic case. We include a string to tie the watch to a belt
loop (see: why not use a chain?). You get as well a
copy of an original certificate as it would have been included with this kind of watch in
the 1970's. The Molnija factory did not yet export watches directly to
western countries in the 1970's. The documents from the 1970's are therefore
in Russian only.
Back to main page of the watch shop