Modern military style pocket watch with a vintage look, original swiss unitas movement
- Made in Canada, 2016-2018, Russian Molnija case from the 1970's, swiss unitas 6497 movement
- Movement type: Original Swiss Unitas 6497, stem set & wound, incabloc shock protection
- 17 Jewels, 18000 beats per hour, about 46h run time when fully wound
- Chrome plated brass case, stainless steel bow, stainless steel crown
- Weight: 54g
- Size: diameter without stem 43mm, 10mm thick, 50mm diameter with the stem included
This is a modern watch in an original vintage case. The case has a number of small scratches which gives the watche a nice vintage look.
The watch has a non-radioactive luminous dial that is "charged up" by UV light and gives then off a luminous glow when taken into the dark. The dial glows white-blue and the hands glow green.
All our watches are masterpieces that are individually
made and tested.
The Unitas 6497 is a very successful movement and in continous production since 1950. This is a quality watch that you can enjoy for many years to come.
Shock protection reduces the chances that the balance pivots (balance staffs) break or bend when the watch experiences a sudden mechanical shock. This does not
mean that you can expect the watch to always survive any kind of shock and abuse. You should still tie the watch to your vest or pants to avoid that the watch drops on the floor if it slips accidentally out of your hands.
The watch comes in a presentation box lined with black velvet and artificial leather on the outside. We include a string to tie the watch to a belt
loop (see: why not use a chain?).
Back to main page of the watch shop